Growing employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Idaho.

Adjust Font: A A A

Top Employer

Kudos to:
POJOS Family Fun Center in
Boise, Idaho!

Youth in Transition

If you’re a young adult getting ready to make the transition between high school and college or employment, VR Counselors can help you to make the best decisions for your future. VR Counselors work with you, your parents, and/or the school district to develop a coordinated transition plan. The transition plan includes your school history, interests, employment goals, and your future needs for training. All students under 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive VR services.

You can get help preparing for your transition into employment and independent living by contacting a VR Counselor. Your VR Counselor can help you enroll in the Students with Disabilities program at VR, or, if you are blind or visually impaired, there is also a School-to-Work program offered at the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Contact a VR Counselor.

Department of Labor

The Idaho Department of Labor’s Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program is another resource for youth who are eligible and need assistance finding a job, getting their GED, continuing their education, building their work skills and much more. Visit Department of Labor's Youth Services webpage to learn more about the WIA Youth program or contact an Idaho Department of Labor office near you by visiting

"Moving On" Transition Binder

The “Moving On” Idaho Transition Binder is a planning tool for students and families to help with transition from school to adult life. It includes information and resources related to self-advocacy, employment, preparing for college, adult services, independent living and more. The binder contents also include a Transition Planning Timeline and Student/Family Graduation Guidance with information about the different ways a student can meet Idaho graduation requirements. Here is the link to the "Moving On" Binder,

Transitioning your Health Care Needs

The Making the Transition website is available for parents and young adults with disabilities. The website offers transition guides for both parents and young adults, in English and Spanish. For more information on any of these Transition Guides, contact Idaho Parents Unlimited at (208) 342-5884, or Idaho Careline at 2-1-1.

Learn more about your employment rights by visiting the Your Employment Rights page or your legal rights at Legal Rightson this website.